Avalpa Community

The place where we can talk freely about Avalpa product and services
It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: new OpenCaster release..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 pm 

hi've seen on the web site there's only Opencaster 3.1.4 version, but in the news about the OpenCaster bundle with Hides USB DVB-T key, they say there's a new release.

May i ask when the new version will be available on the web site too?

bests

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:59 am 
Site Admin

hello,

the new OpenCaster release is actually available only to people purchasing the bundle of the Hides dongle as an incentive to support open source software development.

it will be available on the web in a few months. i've been told is going to be available also integrated on selected Linux distro.

i'll tell you when it will be public.

bests

Avalpa support team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

We are happy to announce that you finally can find the new 3.2.1 version of Opencaster between the [http://www.debian.org/ Debian] packages; actually it's in the next unstable repository, see here the entry:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/opencaster

Using Opencaster has never been so easy..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 pm 

Already fun of OpenCaster for our DATV DVB-S radio-amateur applications (see http://www.idesignz.org/DigiLiteZL_PC-live/DigiLiteZL_PC-live.htm ), I have installed 3.2.1 to start testing my Hides UT-100B USB key.

Unfortunately, I have not seen the tsrfsend application mentionned on your web site. Am I looking at the wrong place ?

Best regards,
Michel HB9DUG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Michel,

you should have found the tsrfsend application in the USB key inside the dongle package in the Avalpa folder.

bests

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 am 

Hello. What changes in version 3.2.2?

Expect new versions support RTP protocol?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm 

the 3.2.2 is really a minor version in respect to 3.2.1 for better integration (janitoring) with Debian way of life.

The support for RTP transmission over UDP is not actually planned as we have not hired by anyone for that feature.

Could you tell us in which use case you would like to use RTP instead of plain UDP?
Maybe there are other solutions for that case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:38 pm 

aventuri wrote:
the 3.2.2 is really a minor version in respect to 3.2.1 for better integration (janitoring) with Debian way of life.

The support for RTP transmission over UDP is not actually planned as we have not hired by anyone for that feature.

Could you tell us in which use case you would like to use RTP instead of plain UDP?
Maybe there are other solutions for that case.

Thanks!
Your program is used to create MPTS of several SPTS from SAT receivers and further transmission of the IP QAM.
The protocol RTP provides facilities for jitter compensation and detection of out of sequence arrival in data, which are common during transmissions on an IP network.
RTP is regarded as the primary standard for audio/video transport in IP networks and is used with an associated profile and payload format. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_ ... t_Protocol )