Avalpa Community

The place where we can talk freely about Avalpa product and services
It is currently Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm 

So, after a few months of work, I have managed to get most ATSC tables up and going in OpenCaster. This includes EIT, ETT, Rating descriptors, etc. Seeing as the documentation on ATSC-specific things is...well..terrible; I have decided to pick up on that. The documents will cover manual EIT/ETT generation, and basic configuration setup.

Better still, I am working on a web-based guide editor that will allow you to set all your channel info in one, user-friendly interface. :)

You can see the incomplete project on my github (https://github.com/jowijo/Opencaster-ATSC)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:41 pm 

sorry for the late reply, but let me tell you this is a great add on.

i gave a quick look to the github python files: could you explain a bit better the licensing so we could eventually add those in the next opencaster release?

we should really switch to a public github tree for opencaster development. it's way too flexible and effective..

bye

Andrea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 pm 

aventuri wrote:
sorry for the late reply, but let me tell you this is a great add on.

i gave a quick look to the github python files: could you explain a bit better the licensing so we could eventually add those in the next opencaster release?

we should really switch to a public github tree for opencaster development. it's way too flexible and effective..

bye

Andrea

I think I win for latest reply. ;) Nothing special about these files, feel free to use 'em, a credit would be nice somewhere, but isn't mandatory. I stopped work on this as soon as I got EIT/ETT working. I had a PHP-based "EPG editor" in progress, but the drive it was on went kaput, and sadly, that's all gone for good--though it looks like you guys have one in the works, so maybe it could be adapted?

Yeah, do whatever with the files, I'd love to see ATSC support in with the package.