Avalpa Community

The place where we can talk freely about Avalpa product and services
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Demo roll sample
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:52 pm 

Hi,

I just want to launch the HBBTV application in the sample file (OC3.demo.ts).
I'm using the following command :
Code:
tsudpsend OC3.demo.ts 224.0.1.2 1234 13271000

I have a HBBTV compatible TV which is connected to a Dektec network adapter (DVB-C).
I watch the all 6 channels, included the Hbbtv channel, but I can't see the hbbtv application.
How start the application ? the red button start a manufacturer menu, not the hbbtv application.
Maybe I misunderstood how the way it works :?
Thank you for you help.

Post subject: Re: Demo roll sample
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 pm 

hello,
the HbbTv application is not so complex, it should just display a kind of "hello world" text string on OSD.

if you do not see it, i suppose it's a problem of interoperability between our signaling and your tv set.

have you ever seen a Hbbtv application working on your tv set? do you have broadcast with Hbbtv there?

maybe comparing the signaling between our TS and one from the air can help here.

bests

Andrea Venturi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:46 am 

Hi,

Thank you for your time.
This is what I thought, the problem is the TV or the dektec adapter.
I'v succeed to see a hbbtv app on the TV with DVB-T stream, not DVB-C, maybe the problem is here.
Anyway, I found a software which can emulate TV and play hbbtv app (DVBViewer), I will start to work with it instead of the TV.
Thank you for caring.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:20 pm 

if you see the video looping, the Dektec adapter is good enough and can't be the problem.

if you tell us the brand and model of the tv set (the EXACT model, the one that you can see on the sticker in the back of the tv case or in an eventual info page about how to update the firmware..), we can try to help you on enabling it.

sometime, it's just a matter to change the "country code" of the tv set because the Hbbtv is there in the firmware BUT it's not enabled in some countries.

for example in LG 2012 Smart tv (LG 42LW570G) we have in the lab, the country code CAN BE changed on the fly. (and you can switch from MHP to MHEG to HBBTV)

in Sony 2012 lineup smart Tv (22EX320), you have to reset to factory the tv set and then you can choose the country (again both three standards..)

in Samsung smart Tv, country choice is buried down into some service menu and not easy to get into.

PS i didn't try Dvb Viewer, but our experience on PC based interactive tv emulator/engine has been always disappointing; the feedback you get is way different then then "real thing" on the tv set, so there's again QA to be done..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 pm 

Hi,

I have contacted the dektec support and they said the adapter is not the problem.
At the moment I'm using a Philips HFL5008 TV, and I have also contacted the support (no response yet).
I'm pretty sure the TV is the problem.
I could test the setup with another TV and it is better.
I can see the MHEG hello world message (it's a begining), and the TV got a reaction on the HBBTV channel but not the one I expect.
There is not a "red button" message but scrollbars appears on the screen, so the browser react.

My goal is to add an HBBTV app to a brodcast only stream (no broadband), but the part of the manual which is the more interesting for me say :
"OCtutorail17 shows an example where the HbbTV application is sent over DSMCC".
Do you know where can I have this example ?

I share your thoughts about software emulation, it's just a step before to find a reliable Hbbtv TV for my tests.

Thank you again for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:09 pm 

Philips HFL5008, i really don't know how they properly support Hbbtv.
the last we tested (for MHP and MHEG at the time..) was a 5605M for the italian market.

anyway try to see if already aired Hbbtv applications are working on your setup, if you live in a place where such stuff is aired. otherwise i can send you a TS from some country (FR DE) and you could playback it with the Dektec and see if it works ok.

bests

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm 

Hi,

Some channels here are aired with Hbbtv and they work well on the TV :?
I've ordered a (DVB-T/T2/C tuner TV usb stick) so I'll be able to compare working streams with non working streams.
Hope I'll find out the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 pm 

Hi aventuri,

"OCtutorail17 shows an example where the HbbTV application is sent over DSMCC".

Could you give me a hint where to find the OCtutorial17 or could you send it to me, please?

Kind regards
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:09 am 
Site Admin

sadly, we had to split the tutorials from the standard package for a proper inclusion into debain tree.

try this previous version where the tutorials are still there:

http://www.avalpa.com/assets/freesoft/o ... r3.1.4.tgz

we'll have to sort out a second package for tutorial only, it would be the chance to improve something.

bye

andrea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm 

well, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the archive does not contain the OCtutorail17. There is no description regarding HbbTV over DSMCC. Please, could you recheck this?

Regards