Avalpa Community

The place where we can talk freely about Avalpa product and services
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Merging PAT
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:59 pm 

Hi,

How can I merge PAT from a stream received with tsudpreceive and a PAT from a ts file.

Here what I'm doing for now :
Code:
tsudpreceive 224.0.1.2 1234 > input.ts &
tsfilter input.ts +0 > inputPat.ts & #isolate PAT
cat inputPat.ts pat.ts > allPat.ts & #merging PAT ?!

The problem is that allPat.ts does not contains all services, only services from original input.ts.

Maybe these are silly questions but I would like to merge PMT too, in the same way (input stream + PMT.ts file...).
Is it possible ?

Thx in advance

Post subject: Re: Merging PAT
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

PAT in a TS can be only one, so if you want to mix two different PAT, one ingested and one locally generated, you achieve this effect, analyzing the PAT from ingestion and adding the same entries manually in the locall generated PAT.

in the meanwhile, you should check there's no collision in Service IDs and in PMT Pids referenced..

if the PAT from external feed is pretty static (as often it's the case), it's just a one time task and can be done. if they change randomly often, can become quite a burden.

bests

andrea

PS "squad", let me tell, from the level of your post, you show a GREAT passion and interest in the dtv topic BUT you should have done a bit more of "homework" and education in advance.. at least these questions would be pretty clear for you, then.. ;-)

Post subject: Re: Merging PAT
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:36 pm 

avalpa wrote:
PAT in a TS can be only one, so if you want to mix two different PAT, one ingested and one locally generated, you achieve this effect, analyzing the PAT from ingestion and adding the same entries manually in the locall generated PAT.

in the meanwhile, you should check there's no collision in Service IDs and in PMT Pids referenced..

if the PAT from external feed is pretty static (as often it's the case), it's just a one time task and can be done. if they change randomly often, can become quite a burden.

Actually I've succeed to achieve this manually as you said, but I thought it was not the best way to do this, but now I know it was.

avalpa wrote:
PS "squad", let me tell, from the level of your post, you show a GREAT passion and interest in the dtv topic BUT you should have done a bit more of "homework" and education in advance.. at least these questions would be pretty clear for you, then.. ;-)

You are right, I'm totally new in the TV/DVB/HBBTV world, and I have to learn it all by myself, it's a kinda hard, trust me I have many other silly questions in my bag :)

Anyway thank you for your help !